Friday, February 13, 2009

Trip to Utah!




Olivia and I went to Utah last week for Maddie's homecoming and we had a swell time. While we were there I got to go to dinner with a few friends from high school. It was so good to see everyone. I hadn't seen them in years, so it was fun to catch up.

Maddie looked great and had such a great mission. I felt so bad for her.  Coming home from a mission is NOT fun. You're so excited to see your family and friends, and then as soon as you see everyone you're ready to go back. She had a hard time holding back the tears a few times. But I thought she did a great job. I remember when I first got home, everyone wanted me to watch Mean Girls and a few minutes into it I started crying and asked them to turn it off. It was just too much world to handle. 

It was good to see everyone, but it was strange. Every time I go to Utah I feel less and less like it's my home. It was so nice coming back to Texas. Don't get me wrong, I still love Utah and obviously love seeing my family. I just feel like Texas is my home now...which it is:)


No comments:

Post a Comment