Thursday, April 22, 2010
First Blood
A friend and I took the kiddos to Chick-fil-A for lunch today. The kids were playing in the little playground having a great time, when I decide to get an ice cream. I go to the counter and am ordering when my friend brings Livi to me sobbing. I picked her up and started comforting her and look down and she is bleeding! I probably would have freaked out, but the ladies behind the counter did that for me. They started grabbing napkins and filling up bags with ice. One lady was literally running to get some ice. I just kept saying "it's okay, it's okay, it's not deep," while praying, "please don't need stitches, please don't need stitches." I held Livi until she calmed down and then we decided it was time to go home, even though she was not happy about it. She, of course, wanted to go back and play. After we got home and I was able to clean the cut and really get a good look at it I felt much better, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking. Blood coming out of your babies head can be very misleading! We're not sure what happened exactly, we're pretty sure she tripped while leaving the play area and the door hit her on the eyebrow. I feel horrible, not only did Livi have her first bleeding injury, I don't even know for sure what happened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's funny how we feel guilty when our kids get hurt, even when it wasn't our fault and we probably wouldn't have been able to prevent it. Ahh, the life of a mother. Sorry about the blood. It is always a little scary to see head wounds. Did Monica ever contact you? She rarely comments anymore. Slacker.
ReplyDelete=) sheesh what a traumatic first cut! good thing band-aids make like a happier place!
ReplyDeleteoops "life"
ReplyDelete