Tuesday, July 20, 2010

AMEM!

Lately Livi has been wanting to say all of the prayers. I will tell her what to say and she repeats (attempts to anyway) what I say. My favorite is the end, when she will shout, "AMEM"
Last night was SO adorable. Phil went to bed really early because he wasn't feeling well. Later on Livi and I said our prayers and she got into bed and laid down. Then she pops up and said, "wait." She then folded her arms, bowed her head, and proceeded to say her own little prayer, without any help from me. I couldn't understand most of it, I caught "mommy" and "blessings" and that was about it. But it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. She is sleeping in a "big girl bed", she is talking all the time, and she is SO independent. She insists on doing just about everything herself. She has to put her own clothes on and gets so mad when I try and help, she has to open the car door by herself and if I do it she will close it and then look at me and say, "I do self" She wants to walk up the stairs to our apartment alone. She will hold up her hand to me and say, "stay!" until she gets at least half way up by herself. She wants to go to the bathroom by herself (except in the morning when I'm sleeping, then she wants me to get out of bed and watch her, of course) She says excuse me all the time, or "scooze me." She can now unlock both dead bolts. Before she could only reach the bottom one, but this week she must have grown because all of a sudden she is opening the door. Uh-oh.



2 comments:

  1. Okay Sigh--that is the cutest thing-I love that she is saying her own prayers. Oh what a doll! I want to see her again...maybe sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll! I loved all your Texas pictures while Phil's family was in town. It is fun to see all the great things to do there. Maybe someday we'll head down there...

    ReplyDelete