Tuesday, February 8, 2011

39 Weeks

Jack: come out, come out wherever you are. Last Tuesday at my 38 week appointment I was dilated to a 3 (yay!) and 70% effaced (yay!). Yet here we are a week later and at my appointment today I was dilated to a 4 and 70% effaced. How is he still in there?! My Dr. said she would induce me on Thursday because she is leaving town on Friday, but I declined. I would rather not deal with possible complications from induction. I would definitely consider it if I was overdue, but not yet. Because I am dilated to a 4 she told me to go to the hospital as soon as I start having regular contractions because she doesn't want me walking around at a 5. Last Friday and Saturday night I was having some pretty strong contractions but they were very irregular and didn't last very long. Hopefully we can get some good contractions going! She stripped my membranes today to hopefully move things along (sorry TMI), so I guess we'll just wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Come on Jack-give your momma a break!! Good luck! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hopefully you have already had him by the time I post this! Livi is looking so old! Just from the last time I checked your blog. P.S. My word verification is prostryll. That seems like a word that thas to do with delivery.

    ReplyDelete