bathing beauty
I could literally kiss this baby all day long. I love when he wakes up from his naps and I get to squeeze him!
It has literally been over 100 degrees here the past few days, so after Phil and I did our workout this afternoon (we have been doing Insanity) we decided to hit the pool. Livi loves to swim this year and will swim by herself if she is wearing her floaties. Jack is still a little too young for me to feel comfortable taking him in the water so Phil and I took turns hanging out with him on the side. We finally were able to capture a few of his intoxicating smiles. I think the best word to describe him would be: jolly. Both he and Livi make me so happy. I can't help but look at them and feel so blessed.
Livi is getting way too smart for her britches. She loves to scream right as Jack is falling asleep, obviously to try and wake him up. The other day we were driving and she did just that so I told her when we got home she was going into time out for 5 minutes. She got upset and said, "no 3 minutes!" I told her I wasn't going to argue about it with her and it was 5 minutes so she said, "okay, 4 minutes!" I had to turn my head and look out the window so she wouldn't see me on the verge of laughter. How in the world does she know that 4 is more than 3 but less than 5?! Do 3 year olds have that kind of spatial understanding? One of Phil's classes this semester is basically how to negotiate, and I think he must be teaching her some tricks when I'm not around. I almost wanted to concede and let her have her 4 minute time out, purely for being so stinking cute, but I left it at 5. I think she may give me a run for my money in the years to come.
Oh my! Jack's smiles are to die for!!
ReplyDeleteMy brother is doing insanity-are you liking it?
How wonderful to have a pool so close! That is one thing about Tx we definitely miss!!