
I told them I was going to take a picture and Evie immediately assumed this position.

Michael slept in his hammock on the balcony


The Ashton clan. It's hard to believe this isn't even everybody.

The Fam. Unfortunately we were missing Nate and Leah, Eric and Ashley and Tommy and Julie

most of the girl cousins and aunts
sisters!
she LOVED "It's a Small World"
this was Livi's reaction to the Winnie the Pooh ride. Some of those rides are pretty creepy.
Maddie, my mom and Maddie's friend McKenna
petting starfish
Uncle Bret
skimming is way harder than it looks!
We had a family reunion with my mom's side of the family in Newport Beach, CA a few weeks ago. We had SUCH a good time. It was seriously difficult to come back to reality. We got home Saturday evening and Sunday I felt like a zombie, I didn't feel like doing anything. I just kept looking at pictures from the week.
Our house was right off of the beach and we enjoyed many days lounging on the beach, body surfing, boogy boarding, bike riding, walking to the pier where we saw dolphins and sting rays, going to the Aquarium (amazing!) and having an overall wonderful time. I was able to fulfill one of my life long dreams of riding a tandem bike. It was awesome. We went to Disneyland one day where we met up with some dear friends. Cecilia and James used to be in our ward here in Houston but they moved to Las Vegas a year ago. They drove over from Vegas and we met up and went to dinner and then went to Disneyland together. We sure miss them!
We shared a beach house with my Aunt Cami's family and had a blast hanging out with them. There were about 20 people crammed into a 4 bedroom house, but somehow it never felt cramped. Our days were spent at the beach and at night we would all eat together and have feats of strength, watch movies or go out. I can't even begin to express how much I enjoyed having all of those hands around to help with my kids. I don't think I held Jack for longer than 10 minutes at a time and Livi had a blast playing with her cousins. This week really made me wish we lived closer to family. It made me so sad to know that Livi and Jack won't get to see everybody again for a while. Family really is the greatest.
This was an extremely condensed version of a very wonderful week!
What an amazing vacation!
ReplyDeleteI had a great time looking through your photos-what a fun family!
That picture of you and Jack is my favorite! love love love it. He is getting big (er) so quick! he's such a darling baby!!
ummm... Hello vacation! looks wonderful! thanks for sharing some pics of your cute family!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that sounds so nice! We never have a nice, relaxing vacation. Maybe next year...
ReplyDelete