Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Beach


















We decided to head down to the beach in Galveston a few weeks ago and it ended up being the perfect day. It started out kind of rough because everyone and their dog must have had the same idea and it ended up taking us 2 and half hours to get there, instead of a little over an hour. But the wait was worth it. We found a great spot on the beach and the water couldn't have been more perfect. I couldn't believe how warm the water was. The last time I went to the beach was last July when we went to Newport Beach. Let's just say, I was pretty much freezing the entire time. Livi has always been a little more timid when it comes to water. But she was a lot more adventurous this time and even let Phil take her out really far. Jack on the other hand was giving me anxiety because he just wanted to swim away. He kept trying to go out further and further and when I would try and get him to turn towards the shore he would just let go of my hand and keep going. He would sit down and let the waves knock him over. One wave completely submerged him and laid him flat on his back. I hurry and picked him up and expected him to cry but he just sputtered a little and kept on going.
The best part of the whole day though, was watching Livi and Jack play in the sand. I can't believe it didn't bother them to be so dirty. But they were in hog heaven. Jack was doing face plants, rolling around and pretty much getting sand in every possible crack and crevice. When we first got there and put our towels town, Jack stepped off and touched the sand and hated it! He kept trying to brush the sand off. He did quite the 180. Livi loved to go in the water and rinse off, then come back soaking wet and cover herself in sand again.
It was such a perfect day. I literally love nothing more than spending time with my family. We will definitely be going back many times this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment