Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Massanutten

We went to Massanutten Virginia for the week of the 4th.  We met Phil's parents there.  His brother has an internship in DC this summer so he was able to drive over and spend a little time with us as well.  Needless to say, we had such a great time.  We happened to be there during an insane heat wave so it was just as hot there as it was in Houston.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it was hotter.  Massanutten is this great little "resort" area with lots of fun stuff going on.  I felt like I was in the movie "Dirty Dancing." Minus the dirty dancing part.  We went swimming, saw a magic show, went to an ice cream party, went tubing down a ski mountain, Livi and I did this trampoline-bungee thing, rode go carts (Livi LOVED those!), went on a nature hike and bbq'd. Most importantly though, Livi and Jack got to spend loads of time with Nano and Zeus, and Phil and I got to spend loads of time alone together!  Phil's parents are so great at watching the kids and they always bring so many fun things for them to do together.  Phil and I would take the kids over to their condo, drop them off, then go do whatever we wanted!  We played tennis one night, went out to dinner, played ping pong, worked out in the gym.  It was seriously so great to have so much one on one time.  It was a truly relaxing but entertaining vacation.




 getting stoked to go and swim! Jack wore his hat ALL the time, he loved it!

 beautiful nature hike

 he's such a big little boy!
 she was so excited to do this, then she started sobbing once they hooked her up. Nano went to comfort her and she ended up loving it
 it was fun jumping next to Livi
 seriously so gorgeous there
 twinners

 they loved the little petting farm



 I was so surprised when Livi said she wanted to ride a horse.  I thought she would for sure change her mind once she got close to it, but she did such a great job and absolutely loved it.


 I don't like scallops or shrimp (the chicken was for me) but I just thought this was too beautiful a meal to not document.  Plus, Phil made the entire thing by himself!
 loving the apple beer

 Livi adores her Uncle Jason.  You can tell how hard she's laughing because her eyes look like they are going to pop out of her head.






No comments:

Post a Comment