Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Look What Livi Can Do....

I have been meaning to blog about this for a few weeks now.  I am so impressed with Livi.  A few months ago she was riding her bike and one of the training wheels fell off so we put the bike in the garage and kind of forgot about it.  While my mom was here back in October Livi wanted to ride her bike, so instead of putting the training wheel back on I took the other one off. I just wanted to see what would happen.  I honestly didn't think she would actually ride her bike.  She got on, I held onto the seat and started to push her, she started to peddle, I let go and.... she kept on riding.  The FIRST try!  My mom and I just stood there speechless with huge grins on our faces.  I was anticipating tears, and fits and lots of scrapes when it came time to teach her how to ride a bike.  As much as I would like to give the credit to her incredibly athletic genes, I think her riding a glider bike from when she was little is what really made the difference.  She already knew how to balance on two wheels, so it was just a matter of learning to peddle.  It took her a few more tries (and tears and fits) to figure out how to turn around, but that came really quickly as well.  We have been riding our bikes everywhere since. I put Jack in the trailer on the back of my bike and we will go to the store, or to the park or just ride around the neighborhood.  One of the fabulous things about The Woodlands is the trails.  There are trials all over the place connecting everything, so technically we could ride our bikes everywhere.



She has had a few minor spills.  The scariest one was coming home from Kroger with Phil. I wasn't with them but he said she got going so fast down the parking lot she couldn't make the turn onto the trail and ended up flying over her handle bars, landing a few feet from the busy road.  She is still trying to figure out the whole brakes thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment