Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mom and Maddie Come to Visit!

In June Maddie and my mom flew out and stayed with us for about 10 days.  Maddie is a music therapist at a school so she gets the summers off and decided, what better time to come and visit! Her boyfriend Stan ended up flying in for the weekend because he couldn't take it anymore.  I was really glad he did, it was great getting to know him a little better.

I was really bad at taking pictures, but we had a lot of fun.  We obviously had to hit up Old Town Spring for some fried Twinkies, and we mixed it up a little this time and got fried Nutter Butters as well.  Nothing beats the fried Twinkies for me though.  Now I want one.  We went to a drive in while my mom watched the kids. (Love having free babysitters around!)  We saw, Now You See Me, then snuck over to the other screen for the second feature and watched Fast and Furious 6.  We didn't get home until almost 3 am and I told Phil as much as I love the drive in, I'm glad we only go once in a while because staying up that late kills me.  I'm getting too old I guess.

Other than that we went swimming almost every day and ate at some yummy restaurants.  We took Maddie and Stan to Rudy's so they could experience their brisket baked potato. And my mom requested a visit to Chuy's again.  She loves that place.

Maybe someday my family will move to Texas so we can live by each other!  Nothing beats having family around.


No comments:

Post a Comment