We are so excited to be adding another boy to the mix! My official due date is December 29th, which puts me at 21 weeks. I've been feeling good. The first trimester was very similar to Jack's. A little nauseated but if I chewed mint gum and made sure to eat every two hours I was okay. It was mostly just after dinner that I would feel pretty yucky. I also noticed that if I ate a lot of sugar I would feel really sick.
This pregnancy has been different because I am making very conscious choices about what I eat. Because Jack was so large, 9.4, and he had low blood sugar, my Dr thinks I may have developed gestational diabetes at the end of that pregnancy. When I did the glucose test at 26 weeks my blood sugar was perfect, so if I did have it, it had to have been at the end. That has been a hard pill to swallow. Especially thinking that I probably caused it by eating ice cream every night. Now, I'm making a concerted effort to eat as if I did have diabetes in order to nip it in the bud. Sometimes it's a struggle, but for the most part, I feel great and am really seeing the benefits. Phil is reaping the benefits also. I'm not sure how much weight he's actually lost, but he fits into pants that he hasn't been able to for years. He has said on numerous occasions that he wants to keep this up forever. Basically, I eat a lot of meats, eggs, natural peanut butter, string cheese, fruit, salad, and whole grain breads. I have also discovered how much I love brussel sprouts. Breakfast is by far the hardest, I LOVE pancakes and waffles and crepes and donuts and cereal, oh my goodness how I love cereal. I've been able to cut all of those out, although I will admit to making whole wheat waffles and eating them with PB and fruit, but it's not the same. It's amazing what we can do when we are thinking about the health of our babies. I sometimes wonder how I'm going to make it through Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas without losing my mind or my will power. But it gets easier every day and it helps that when I do indulge I feel like crap.
I have felt him move a ton. Livi got to feel him kick the other day and that was really neat. She is so excited to meet this little guy. When we found out we were having a boy I asked her if she was okay that it wasn't a girl (she really wanted a girl) and she said, "I wish it was a girl, but I'm okay, I just want a baby."
Now we'll just see when he decides to show up! I'm hoping it's not on Christmas....is that bad?
How exciting!! You are truly the cutest pregnant lady ever!!
ReplyDeleteWe are (if all goes well) adopting a baby GIRL who is due December 28. That would be so fun if they end up being born the same time. I'll shoot lots of prayers out that everything keeps going well!! xo
Oh yeah!!! So exciting and good for you to be eating so healthy. With Walker after he was born I had to be dairy, gluten, and soy free for 9 months. It was really difficult for me, but it was so important that I be able to nurse him-oh the things we do for our little ones! You look darling! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah!!! So exciting and good for you to be eating so healthy. With Walker after he was born I had to be dairy, gluten, and soy free for 9 months. It was really difficult for me, but it was so important that I be able to nurse him-oh the things we do for our little ones! You look darling! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah!!! So exciting and good for you to be eating so healthy. With Walker after he was born I had to be dairy, gluten, and soy free for 9 months. It was really difficult for me, but it was so important that I be able to nurse him-oh the things we do for our little ones! You look darling! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah!!! So exciting and good for you to be eating so healthy. With Walker after he was born I had to be dairy, gluten, and soy free for 9 months. It was really difficult for me, but it was so important that I be able to nurse him-oh the things we do for our little ones! You look darling! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another boy!! You look so great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another boy!! You look so great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the boy!! You look so great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the boy!! You look so great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another boy!! You look so great!
ReplyDelete