We have had quite an entertaining and busy weekend! It all started Thursday night. Phil and I had just gotten into bed when the window shook a little bit and I thought I heard someone yelling. I asked Phil if he had heard anything and he hadn't. It happened again and that time Phil heard it. We went out on our balcony and we hear this guy yelling, "Open the freaking door!" Except he didn't say freaking. And he was banging on someones door, and I mean banging. He kept yelling over and over again and kicking the door of someone below us. We went back inside and I was freaked out so I called 911. The operator said she was sending some officers over. We went back outside and Phil went down to the second floor and some other people were outside too. To make a long story short...a woman on the first floor (who is quite pregnant and has two other young children) has this boyfriend who came over drunk and upset with her. She wouldn't let him in so he was trying to kick the door down. The police got there and he had taken off so they were looking for him but never found him. We went and checked out her door afterwards and there was a huge dent in it. Scary. What's even scarier? I was the only one that called the police! At one point the girl came out and asked someone to call 911 and I yelled down that I already had. There were literally, at least 8 people that were outside and knew what was going on, we talked to a few of them and they all said they were going to call 911 but didn't want to interfere. That's how people are killed. When no one wants to get involved. When in doubt call the cops. And we live in a really nice neighborhood too. I can't imagine living in the ghetto.
Saturday was awesome. We colored easter eggs and then went to a drive in! The last time I went to a drive in I saw "A League of Our Own" that will tell you how long ago it was. And Phil had never been to one. It was also a double feature and it was only $5 bucks! For a double feature! We saw Fast and Furious 4 and Knowing. F&F was highly entertaining, Knowing was a little creepy. And we were exhausted. We didn't get home until 1:30am. Sweet Olivia was having a ball with free reign in the car. She was all over the place exploring. She went to sleep around 10 and slept on the back seat for a while and then she woke up and I had to hold her for the last 15 minutes of Knowing. She was an angel. But we seriously had such a great time. I felt like we were just livin' the American dream! The weather was beautiful...I just felt like a kid again.
Today was Easter and it was one of the best I can remember. We had church early and that was great, of course. After church a family in the ward invited everyone to their house for an Easter pot luck. This is something they do every Easter and Christmas. It was so much fun, and there was quite the spread. I ate SO much. they had an easter egg hunt for all the kids. Once again the weather was perfect and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.
Reaching for Daddy!
tess- I can't believe how big she is getting! what a cutie! I'm so glad to see you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you called. I totally call when I see anything out of the ordinary. We had to do that one time for a domestic when we lived in an apartment-it was crazy. Glad you had a great Easter. She is such a doll!
ReplyDelete