I took Livi to her 15 month check up this morning. I still can't believe she is that old. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. She is doing great and growing like a weed. She had fun showing the Dr. her tongue and belly, two of her recently discovered body parts, and giving him high fives. She is 32 inches long and only 22 pounds. Meaning that she is in the 90th percentile for her height and about the 8th for her height to weight ratio. She seems to be getting longer and skinnier. Every time we go in for a check up her height percentage goes up and her weight percentage goes down. (Don't be alarmed however, she is well within a safe range). I can't say that I am surprised about her height though. The shortest person in Phil's entire family (including his mom, aunts and grandma) is 6 feet. The average height is probably 6'4". I am the tallest girl in my family, yet when I am with Phil's family I feel like a midget. When Phil and I were first dating one of the first questions his grandma asked about me was my height. She didn't want any short genes creeping in. I'm so curious to see how tall Livi is going to be.
Also, yesterday I watched my friends 3 kids while she went to talk to her sons teacher. Livi and Lucy are only 2 weeks apart and Livi absolutely adores her. They were speaking their little language back and forth to each other and having a great time. Livi was constantly trying to kiss Lucy. She was so desperate for a kiss that while I was changing Lucy's diaper Livi leaned down and kissed her on the nose and left a nice ring of yogurt around her little nostrils. At one point Livi hopped in her doll stroller and Lucy would push her around. Every few seconds Lucy would stop and pat Livi on the back and say something to her in their native tongue. By the expression on Lucy's face in my mind I imagined she was asking, "Are you comfortable? Can I get you anything?" To which Livi would reply enthusiastically, "dadadadadada!"
That is DARLING!! it makes you wonder if they understand each other! SO CUTE...it's funny about livs percentages at the dr. Ella's are 90% for height 85% for weight! We have a little chunky monkey
ReplyDelete