Friday, April 16, 2010

Not Fun

I have been sick since Tuesday and went to the Dr. today and was told I have laryngitis and pharyngitis. Basically, inflamed throat and vocal cords. I haven't had more than a whisper for a voice for 2 days. I can't even tell you how frustrating that is when trying to reason with a 2 year old. Thank heavens for good friends, especially when you don't have family around. My dear friend Cecilia found out I was sick today and ordered me to leave Livi with her and get some rest. Those several hours were priceless.

I have now started my antibiotic and a steroid, so here's hoping I have my voice back soon!

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I can just imagine you calling Phil so he can reason with Alivia because you have no voice. I hope the antibiotics work. At least you've got one potty trained baby girl! That's gotta feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that before too. Fortunately I was single, and not dating. I lost my voice for three days and couldn't even work because of it- oh darn. Since then, I lose my voice every year now for at least a full day. Hope that doesn't happen to you too, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Heaven for great friends! Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete