Phil's parents were here for July 4th weekend and we had a blast! Phil hates to sit still so just about every minute they were here we were on the move. Hurricane Alex hit a few hours south of us the day before they arrived so we were inundated with rain for quite a bit of their stay but it actually worked out better for us anyway!
We ate out A LOT, and I mean A LOT. I didn't cook once. It was wonderful, except for how tight my pants were after they left. To start if all off we headed over to San Antonio where we hit up the amazing Natural Bridge Caverns. Wow. They were even more amazing then we anticipated. The pictures do not even do them justice. When we first went inside Livi was crying and saying, "no caves!" As soon as I told her that her friends Lizzy and James had been inside the caves she calmed down and had a ball. It was 99% humidity inside the caves and we were all feeling it by the time we got out. The next day we went to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels (voted the WORLD'S best water park 11 years in a row). I must admit that I was dragging my feet up until the minute we arrived at the park. Like I mentioned earlier, Hurricane Alex had just hit and basically everywhere near us was being slammed with rain. I love water parks, but not while it's raining. I get cold way too easy. So I just knew that it was going to rain on us. We woke up that morning to a gray sky and quite chilly air, even Phil's mom said it wasn't very warm. And that means A LOT coming from a New England woman. Phil was going to Schlitterbahn come hell or high water so we headed over regardless of the looming clouds. And you know what? By the time we got there the sun had burned through most of the clouds, it had warmed up significantly and it ended up being the perfect day. Normally, the 4th weekend would have been packed with people, but so many others were doubters like me so they just stayed home and missed out. All the better for us.
Nano and Zeus have been gone 4 days now and just about everyday Livi asks for "Yeuz". One of her new favorite people. They gave her a little doll dressed like a cow that is holding a cow and if you put the cows heart over the babies heart it moo's (there are hearts stitched on both). So Zeus taught her to "put the top of the heart over the top of the other heart" and she will hold the doll and say, "top of the heart, top of the heart" and do it. It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
Thanks for coming guys! We had such a great time!
when you tell Livi to smile and show her teeth this is the face you get.
"No caves!" You can see the 99% humidity doing a number on my hair.
one of my favorite pictures ever
Market Square in San Antonio. S.A. is such a cool place. I highly recommend it to anyone.
The bakery in the restaurant Mi Tierra. I waited about 20 minutes for four yummy churros.
The shrine to Selena. I think I heard Phil and has mom debating whether it was Michael Jackson though.
The Alamo
Livi is getting braver and braver every time she gets in the water. She LOVED swimming with Phil
We had a race across this little course. I lost, but just barely. And I think Phil's side was easier. :-)
The annual firework show with our ward. Here Livi is crying, "no fireworks!" She started to really like them but when the finale started that was just too much for her.
Discovery Green in downtown Houston. A really fun beautiful place.
She is SO strong. For real.
What a wonderful weekend!! We never made it to San antonio and were always SO sad. It looks like we'll be returning just for that. I can't believe how big Livi is getting-so cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Thanks for putting up all those pictures. That was a wicked fun weekend.
ReplyDelete