Friday, September 17, 2010

The Day I Got Butchered

I should really know better than to go to hair schools for my hair care needs. But I have almost always gone to them (and probably still will). I have never had a problem before, and they are so ridiculously cheap I can't help myself. I have a hard time justifying $60 on a haircut and even more on highlights. I told myself I was not going to post any pictures of my new "do", but if I can't laugh at myself I will probably just cry. So I'm going to share my embarrassment with everyone.
I sat down with the lovely Arasally and described to her what I wanted. I must not have been clear in my desire for a little side swept action. I told her that I wanted a little side sweep around my face but I didn't want it in my eyes. Meaning I wanted to be able to tuck them behind my ear. The whole time I'm describing this to her I'm using hand motions to try and make myself clearer. She nodded and said "I know just what I'll do." She proceeds to section of some of my hair and before I know it, I have bangs. She stepped away from the mirror and I said (nicely), "oh, I didn't want bangs." She thought that was what I meant when I said I didn't want it in my eyes. I didn't freak out while she styled my hair, and didn't freak out when I payed my $15, but as soon as I got in the car and called Phil, I bawled. I told him to prepare himself for the ugliest hair cut of all time. Much to my surprise when I got home Phil said he thought it was hot. A few days later when I was over the shock and awe and he felt he could tease me, he said I looked like a little of Uma Thurman and "that guy from Dumb and Dumber". He's really funny sometimes.

this is courtesy of Livi, she loves "taking a cheese"

2 comments:

  1. =) it doesn't look bad...promise! Sorry it's not what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa-I laughed so hard at your post!! I think your hair looks cute! Thanks for the laugh! Congrats on your pregnancy-hope everything goes well!! You will love having one of each-they are so different and fun in their own ways!

    ReplyDelete