Phil, Livi and I just got back from Utah. I feel like I was just there. But I'm not complaining, I love going home and seeing everyone. This time we made the trip for Phil's brothers wedding. We flew into Las Vegas because the wedding was in St. George. Phil's grandma flew in a few hours after us so while we waited for her we walked around a little bit and saw some sights. Side note: I really don't get the appeal of Las Vegas. Anywhoo, after we picked up Phil's grandma we made the
trek up to Loa to spend the weekend. I was a little concerned about how she would fare in Wayne County. Of course she LOVED it and her and my mom got along like BFFs. Then we headed up to my Dad's in Lindon where everyone got together for a pre-Thanksgiving while we were in town. I was bummed I only got to see my siblings for a few hours, but it was a blast while it lasted. The next day we took mom mom (Phil's grandma) to SLC to visit temple square and see the sights. We got a tour of the Conference center, saw an organ concert in the tabernacle and ate lunch in the Garden Restaurant at the Joseph Smith building (I think that's what it was called). We had an awesome and hilarious dinner with Cecilia and James that night. Then Wednesday morning we headed back down to St. George for the wedding on Thursday. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and I can't believe I didn't bring my camera. Ashley and Jason are a beautiful couple and I'm so excited to have another girl in the Arias family! We left right after the dinner to drive back to Vegas and we hopped on a 1am flight back to Houston. We got home at 6:30am and went straight to bed until noon. Phil had class that evening, hence the flying in the middle of the night. We are finally caught up on sleep, I think.
Yesterday was also Phil's birthday. He was feeling sick so instead of his requested coconut shrimp, I made chicken noodle soup. He still enjoyed his coconut lime cheesecake though. :-)
...and there is something I love about Vegas. The lights? the crazies? I dunno. In the daytime though- so DIRTY :-) Looks like a great trip!!
ReplyDelete