We had a very merry Christmas indeed! Christmas morning Phil woke me up at 6:30 and said he couldn't sleep and wanted to wake up Livi. I thought we should let her sleep so he begged me to get up and open one present while we waited. I could tell he would not take no for an answer, so we got up to open a present. After I opened it I knew why Phil was so excited! He got me this super sweet new camera with two crazy lenses, (that I have no idea how to use yet). I was SO excited and even more surprised. I was always telling him that I want a new camera but he kept saying that new ones come out in March so we would wait and see. I honestly had no idea and it was awesome. I was glad he wanted me to open that before Livi got up so we were able to capture Christmas morning in better quality. I seriously have no idea how to use the camera, but it's been fun experimenting and attempting to understand the manual. I have so much to learn, but am really excited about it! When Livi woke up she acted really bewildered and didn't want to open any presents. However, once she saw all of the candy in her stocking she got really into things. We gave her a kitchen set (which we spent an hour and a half putting together the night before) and a glider bike. Phil's grandma sent her some sweet slippers and an Abby Cadabby doll which she loves.
Phil's parents arrived Christmas evening and we had a nice Christmas feast and opened a whole lotta presents that they brought with them. My family has the nice big dinner on Christmas Eve, but since we wanted to celebrate it with Phil's parents we decided to wait until Christmas night, and I must say, I kind of liked it that way. It was nice to have something to look forward to since Christmas day is usually kind of a bummer after all of the festivities are over. But if you save the nice dinner until Christmas night, you have something else to look forward to. :-)
Phil's parents spent the week and we had a blast, especially Livi. She loves her Nano and Zues. The day after Christmas we drove around the ritzy neighborhood of River Oaks to check out the Christmas lights. Definitely some of the coolest lights I've ever seen. We went to the Museum of Natural Science (which is free Tuesday's after 2 for anyone in Houston) and it was amazing. We went and explored Hermann Park which we had never been to before. We also hit up the Kemah boardwalk which was awesome. Phil and I had been wanting to go to Kemah for a while so it was nice to finally get there. Livi rode the carousal, and the train around the boardwalk. She was in heaven. Phil and his dad rode this ride that flips you all over the place and I literally thought Phil was going to die as I watched him. Every vein in his head was bulging and his eyes looked like they were going to pop right out. I think I was as grateful as he was when it was over. We thought it was going to rain so we didn't bring the camera, thus no pictures unfortunately.
It has been SO nice having Phil home with no work and no school for over a week. It's going to be rough going to back to reality. Luckily, we have a baby to look forward to in the coming weeks!



painting a piggy bank from Nano

Hermann Park was freezing







Livi loved this coin thing.

great pics Tessa! So fun to have a nice camera huh? :-) I think you look fantastic! You are so cute prego. PS Coop was the same way with the presents... maybe next year!!?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great holiday! I love the Christmas dinner idea-we'll have to remember that for next year! So exciting about the camera-there is nothing quite like having a new toy!
ReplyDeleteps-you look darling I can't wait to see your little man!
You are so cute! What a fun Christmas. I was so Phil. I wanted to wake up Grace and Tori (who is 12) who were just snoozing away. I was the kid for sure (only I started up at 4:30 just so excited) I just loved see the kids have so much fun!
ReplyDelete