I have some catching up to do. Poor Jack is already suffering from being the second child. I documented so much of Livi's life and already I have dropped the ball on a huge chunk of his sweet little life. He has changed SO much and has definitely turned into a little boy with his own personality. He and Livi are the best of friends and I absolutely love watching them play together.
He is very adamant when he wants something, pointing and grunting at the top of this lungs. He is the happiest baby I've ever seen. He will smile at anybody, laugh at the drop of a hat and will let just about anyone hold him. I can tell he is desperate to start speaking, he tries so hard to vocalize when he sees something he wants. He loves playing with his tongue and makes the most hilarious noise with it. And one of my favorite things he has started to do recently is dance. Any time he hears music is will twist back and forth and bop up and down with a huge grin on his face. Adorable.
We have had a busy few months. We moved out of our apartment in October and were house sitting for a few months. I left for Utah in November, Phil came for Thanksgiving, went back home and then came again for the last 2 weeks in December. Then I finally went back to Houston in mid January. I was able to spend two whole months with my family. Two days after I got back we moved into another apartment back downtown (Phil can actually walk to work and it's fabulous). Then last week we headed to Boston for the weekend to attend one of Phil's high school buddies weddings. When we got back from Boston Livi asked me, "can we stay here for a long time?" Then she said, "I don't want to go on a plane, never, never again!" I think all of us are ready to be home for a while and get back in our routine. I must say, even with all of that chaos and change of scenery Jack and Livi handled everything beautifully.
We did so much during those two months it would be easier to just summarize:
rabbit hunting in big rocks
ice skating on fish lake
ice skating at 7 Peaks
jumping at Airborne (where I saw the infamous Bachelorette contestant Bentley)
bouncy house in Lindon
cutting down a Christmas tree on Boulder
celebrated Phil's, Jen's and my mom's birthday
had a surprise party for my mom
went to my Grandpa Ashton's 80th birthday party
had a leaf raking party at my Dad's
did A LOT of baking with my mom
gathering and eating fresh chicken eggs
made Christmas stockings
made a quiet book (which took way longer than we expected and it's still not totally done)
Phil went horse back riding in Torrey
had an awesome Thanksgiving
had a wonderful Christmas
celebrated New Year's telling stories and laughing hysterically with Phil's parents and brother who came into town
These last few months have really made me grateful for all that I have. I have the best husband a girl could ask for, two kids who I couldn't love more, a wonderful family, and one thing that I have become truly grateful for after spending so much time in Utah and Boston....warm weather! Although I do love a good snow storm too.
I can't help but love to see pictures of your family. It makes me miss the days when we would go to Wayne County and visit. Time goes by way too quickly. It looks like you guys had so much fun!
ReplyDelete