Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday!





I tried to get a picture of his red face but it didn't really work


Yesterday was Jack's 1st birthday. We didn't do much except have some yummy cake. He, of course, loved it. He wouldn't finish his dinner because he could see the cake. He is seriously such a joy to be around, I've never seen a kid that laughs or smiles as much as him. He had his checkup today and here are his stats: 24.4 lbs-75% 31"- 80%.

Last week was rough for him. He was sick and we ended up seeing the dr 3 times in 5 days. One of those visits was because of a rash he developed after starting amoxicillan. He woke up Tuesday morning, after I had given him his first dose the night before, and he looked like he had been sunburned. I called the dr and they wanted to see him and as soon as she walked in she said it was an amoxicillan rash and she took him off the antibiotic. She also said that means he is allergic to penicillin. I'm SO grateful he didn't have a more serious reaction. Especially considering I gave him the medicine at night right before he went to sleep and I wouldn't have known. After a few doses of benedryl his rash went away and he was fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment