Hanover New Hampshire
Christmas Morning
I finally have two seconds to write about our Christmas and other happenings. We had not only a great Christmas but a fabulous December. Christmas Eve was spent in true Texas fashion. Our neighbors invited us over to their parents house down in Spring. We had an awesome, very nontraditional Christmas Eve feast. It consisted of: brisket, potato salad, coleslaw and rolls. When we arrived the dad asked if we liked brisket, and before we could respond, he said, "if you don't that's too damn bad, we have cereal and milk!" He was highly entertaining. After dinner I put Olivia down in her pack and play and we watched The Mummy 3, also very nontraditional (and a lame movie I might add). We got home and finished packing for our trip to Boston the next day. We were planning on just staying here in Houston and having a quiet little Christmas, but a week before, we decided to go to Boston to be with Phil's family. Jason hadn't met Olivia yet and neither had any of Phil's extended family. I just have to say what a neat city Boston is! There is so much history and it is SO fascinating. We went to the top of the Prudential and got an audio tour which was awesome. We also went up to New Hampshire to Dartmouth's campus to watch Phil's cousin Carolyn play in a basketball tournament, and to also get a look at the campus since Phil is applying there for this fall. It's a beautiful school, but Hanover is small, I'm not sure what we would do for fun!We got back from Boston New Years Eve at noon. I don't think I've ever been happier to live in Texas. We left Boston at a crisp 25 degrees and arrived to a refreshing 70 in Houston. I never in my life thought that I would a) live in Texas and b) love it! For New Years Eve we went to a friends with a bunch of other couples. We had a great time and stuffed our faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment