Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous mother's day this year, my first one actually.  Phil was wonderful and got me some sweet goodies.  He got me a salad spinner and a big non stick frying pan, both of which I have been wanting for quite some time. And the pan is red which makes it even more perfect!   

Besides mother's day, yesterday was a momentous occasion because I officially weaned Livi. I never thought it would be so difficult. It was definitely harder for me than for Livi. She will be a year this Sunday and she was losing interest in nursing as it is. She would eat for 5 minutes and then want to play. So I figured it was time. Phil and I were both so sad at the thought of it.  And interestingly enough, we were both sad for the same reasons (not the big boobs).  We are both going to miss her nursing mannersims.  Livi would do the most adorable things while eating. She has this patch of really long hair on the top of her head (we call it her toupee) and she would always grab it and run her fingers through it, twist it, pull it and pretty much anything else you can do with hair. She would also stick one of her legs up on my shoulder and I could see her cute chubby little toes. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen.  Weaning her also reaffirms that fact that she is growing up SO fast.  She is walking all over the place, she's trying to form words, and she has SUCH a personality.  I just can't believe that a year ago I had this teeny baby that couldn't do anything and now she is so independant in so many respects. For those and many other reasons I am a little sad to be finished.   However, I love the new things that she is starting to do and that makes it all worth while.  

She LOVES books! I started reading to her a while ago, even though she didn't really pay attention and she would get bored after a few minutes and want to get down and play.  Then all of a sudden this past week she has started bringing me books. She will carry over a book, hand it to me, then put herself in my lap and point at the book and grunt.  And if I only read it once she gets upset and points at the book and grunts. I have to read each book at least 3 times to make her happy. Which is fine with me, I love reading to her. Especially the interactive books, she loves to lift the flaps or pull the tabs or feel the different textures.   I honestly can't believe how much I love her. Everything she does blows me away.  She is so smart, and so strong and so sweet and fun.  Phil and I love to just sit and watch her go.  Being a wife and a mother is everything I hoped it would be and more.   So Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! You are a great mom. Wish you lived close so we could do mom things together with our girls.

    ReplyDelete