Monday, May 18, 2009

One Year Old!!!

The stroller 


the bowling set
a mixture of joy, fear and surprise?

Livi turned one yesterday!  I can't believe how fast the time as gone.  I remember when we first brought Livi home and Phil and I were just staring at each other surrounded by all this baby stuff, and thinking, "maybe we weren't ready for this?"  Lucky for us, Livi is such a gem, and we have loved every minute with her and couldn't be happier that she has joined us.  I don't know what I would do without her.  We love you Livi!!

I made cupcakes and we sang to her and let her go to town on one of the cupcakes.  I thought she would rip it apart and get it all over.  But she just took little bites and was very neat about the whole thing.  I think the frosting was her favorite part.  I'm not a fan of regular frosting so I frosted them with cool whip mixed with a little pudding mix to thicken it up.  It's delicious.   Phil's grandma sent Livi a doll and a barn yard animal bowling set, and we got her a stroller.  She has been pushing around her laundry basket so we figured we could get her something easier to push.  She hasn't quite taken to it yet, I think she is still trying to figure it out.  It was a great day (other than the Rockets and Celtics both losing in game 7).  I am looking forward to this coming year and all of the wonderful, adorable things that Livi will be doing. 

Also, we are going to New Orleans for Memorial Day!! I'm SO excited.  We are staying in a hotel about a mile away from the French Quarter and this week I'm going to find all of the fun things to do.  We have wanted to head over there for a while and figured this would be the perfect weekend.  It's about a 6 hour drive so we are planning on waking up really early Saturday morning in order to miss the holiday weekend traffic, and so that Livi will hopefully stay asleep for most of the trip.  A girl in our ward is from that area and we asked her for ideas on things to see and do and she gave us quite a list so we are really excited.   She told us that, "they are the sweetest people yull ever meet, but they'll rob you blind." (Imagine that in a thick Louisiana accent.)  She said people will come up to you and say, "I'll bet you 5 bucks I can guess where you got your shoes." And then they will make you give them 5 bucks.  She gave us some good pointers and advice though so I'm REALLY looking forward to it! 

5 comments:

  1. Have so much fun!!! and Livi is a doll! Congrats on making it successfully through one year (without pulling out your hair!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Livi. I can't believe she's already one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is too cute! Happy birthday! i can't believe she's already one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is cute. Kids are so much fun. I am glad you guys are doing well and that you started blogging so we can keep in touch a little bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she is one. She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete