Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Orzo

Sunday I was making brownies in the kitchen (opposed to in the bathroom where some people make them). I had left the pantry door open and could hear Livi rootin' around in there but was happy that she was distracted so I didn't care. A few minutes later I hear what sounds like one of those Indian rain sticks. The ones you tip up-side down and it's supposed to sound like rushing water. I looked around the corner and there was Livi with a box of orzo pasta dumped out all around her. My first thought was to be upset, but when I saw how excited she was I couldn't help but laugh and then go and grab the camera. I decided to leave them there for a while and let her play. I can't even tell you how much time that bought me. She would pick them up and stick them in between her toes, odd I know. She would let them fall through her fingers, but when she started picking them up in an attempt to transport them from room to room, I decided it was time to clean.

Oh, the simple pleasures in life.



4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog picture......so pretty. I love these pictures of Livi with the pasta. She looks like she is having a blast, but I bet your vacuum had a rough job that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you possibly think of depriving her of such an exciting past time? She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that was a high school football game. No Wayne County, huh? Good for you for not getting upset about the pasta. She does look like she is having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOFER!!!! I just saw your blog through Sparks blog and look at your cute family! SO great to find you, old compy of mine.

    ReplyDelete