Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween

Friday night was our wards' Halloween party. Phil had class so Livi and I went alone. I probably wouldn't have gone except for the fact that I didn't feel like making dinner and I was really looking forward to the trick or treating in the parking lot. Even though Livi is too young for all that candy, I definitely am not, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. :-) Right before the party I still didn't have a costume for Livi, so I dressed her up as a lady bug using an outfit that she already had. As we were driving to the church I passed a Kid to Kid, a second hand kids' store, so I decided to swing in and see if they had any costumes. Well, I found this little gem of a costume for only $5! The reason I didn't have a costume for her already is because I refuse to spend very much on something she will only wear for a few hours. Thus, I was very pleased with my sweet find.

Costume #1



Yesterday afternoon Livi started to have a runny nose and she felt a little warm. I took her temperature around 5 and it was 101. By the time I put her to bed her fever hadn't gone up at all but she was acting pretty miserable and exhausted. Around midnight she woke up crying. I went and got her out of bed and took her temperature and it had gone up to 103. I knew from previous fevers that she had had, that 103 isn't really that bad. I gave her some Tylenol and Phil gave her a blessing and then l lied down with her until she fell back asleep. I am so grateful for the priesthood, this morning she woke up and she had a really low grade fever and acted other wise completely normal. I figured it was inevitable that she would come down with something. On Wednesday when I picked her up from the gym day care they told me that she had drank from all of the other little kids sippy cups without them realizing. Hopefully she doesn't come down with the swine flu!

3 comments:

  1. I hope she's feeling better now! Poor little thing! On the other hand she's the cutest little lady bug I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! I hear ya on the too cheap for costumes thing. Luckily I have always had others around who want to share theirs and my kids are just a little smaller than everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete