Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

We had a really nice Christmas this year. Other than the fact that Livi and Phil were sick. Phil's parents sent us a huge package with a 7 lb ham, Canadian bacon, pancake mix from Lehi, syrup and an 8x10 chocolate card that said "Happy Holidays xoxoxo Nano and Zues". It was quite the spread. We had a few delicious breakfasts thanks to the bacon and pancake mix. In my family it's tradition to have a big Christmas Eve dinner so we had the ham, funeral potatoes (a must at almost any Hofer get together), and almond green beans. We washed it all down with ginger ale, one of Phil's traditions. While we were eating dinner Phil confessed that he was missing his family and was sad they weren't there. I felt bad for him because I never get homesick. Not on my mission, not during holidays, nada. Actually, there was twice on my mission I remember feeling homesick. One was my first p-day, and the other was my first Halloween. I remember the first Thanksgiving Phil and I celebrated together, we were newly dating and he came to my house. I was doing the dishes and thinking how much I loved him and I realized that as long as I got to be with him I would be okay if I didn't get to celebrate the holidays with my family. Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to celebrate with Phil and my family on many occasions. Obviously, I would prefer to have them both, but if I can't, I am MORE than happy to be with mi querido marido.
She was really excited about this basketball hoop. This girl loves her sports. Anytime she sees even a second of football or basketball she points and yells "BALL!"
Little felt characters that my mom gave to Livi. They are perfect because they stick to the pews in church! Here's hoping they provide some entertainment for her so she doesn't feel the need to try and run down the aisle.

I was out running errands and came home to this. Phil should get an award for his styling efforts. Never mind the fact that those two prints don't go together, but not only is the onsie on the outside of her pants, it's on backwards. However, she did the shirt over her head all by herself.
Once again with the shirt. She gets such a kick out of doing this.
She woke up from her nap the other day and we went in to find her sitting on her bears head, trying to take her doll's dress off. We literally never stop laughing with Livi around!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment