Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sugar Cookies





Last night Livi and I finally got around to making Christmas cookies. Better late than never I guess. It was one of the most memorable moments I have ever had with Livi. She LOVED helping and took all of her duties very seriously. She helped me roll out the dough and press down on the cookie cutters, but her favorite part was manning the sprinkles. She didn't quite understand the notion of putting the sprinkles on the cookies, so she just sprinkled the bowls of frosting instead and couldn't have been happier. By the time we finished, the bowls of frosting were over run by sprinkles. Here is a video capturing a little bit of it. This morning when she woke up she went directly into the kitchen (after giving daddy a kiss, of course) to resume her duties. She was a little disappointed when she realized it had been cleaned up. I didn't think it was possible, but being a mom literally gets better and better.

P.S. You may be wondering why the frosting looks more like Easter than Christmas. It's because I bought neon food coloring thinking it would extra awesome. Turns out they look more pastel than anything.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I love that you handed her the cookie and she bit it real fast! She sure is a cutie!
    ps-about traveling, we didn't have problems using passes for Hawaii for the days we wanted but we've had several friends get delayed over several days, so it's hard to be on a tight schedule. I'll check again with my delta friends =) They never charge us, but I'm just not sure how much of their family is traveling right now!

    ReplyDelete