Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Utah

We are back from our trip to Utah. We had a blast hanging out with family, eating at lots of yummy places (In 'N Out is SOO overrated!), and skiing. Livi and Evie got along much better this time. They both threw a couple of blows, but for the most part they had a great time playing together.
Cousin bath time! I think Livi was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. She just played by herself the whole time and acted like no one else was there.
The twinners eating their PB&J. Evie looks a little suspicious.

Poor Livi caught some nasty bug while we were there and spent a day sleeping, vomiting and diarrhea-ing. I think her stomach was sore because this became her favorite position. Unfortunately, before we came home my mom, little brother, Phil and his brother all came down with the same thing. Phil was violently ill the night before we left. He threw up more than I thought was humanly possible. My step mom and I wanted to try Five Guys, the new burger place in Provo, and Phil didn't want to miss out so he decided to come along and not eat anything. The second we pull in he runs into the womens bathroom (because the men's is already occupied) and proceeds to unload a little more. Then he goes outside and while we are waiting for our order, let loose in the garbage can (4 times), which is in plain view of all Five Guy patrons. Needless to say, he wished he hadn't come with us, and I'm sure there were several people that wished he hadn't as well.
I went and saw my brothers' band Steady Machete on the U's campus. This little gem of a room was located off to the side of the stage so we were able to sit in here and listen to the music without going deaf. Livi was going crazy dancing and running around like a mad woman.

4 generations! My wonderful, lovely, awesome grandma was recently diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. That was the main reason for our trip out there, I wanted to see her while she was still feeling well.
Livi playing in the snow for the first time. She didn't quite know what to think of it.
She loved the kitties! This one was always curled up on the porch and she couldn't give him enough kisses. She would sob every time I would take her back inside.
We went to Sawadees for dinner to say farewell to my siblings and step dad.
We headed down to Lindon to spend a few days with my dad and step mom.
The day before we left we headed up to Sundance with my dad and one of Phil's friends. I forgot how much I enjoy skiing! It was such a nice day. The back side of the mountain had just the right amount of powder for me. Not too much that it swallows my skis, but enough to be really soft and smooth. It was SO foggy, as you can kind of tell in the pictures. Phil's skiing ability is head and shoulders above mine, so while he and his friend went and found death defying runs my dad and I stuck to the easier trails and had a great time. It worked out perfectly. My dad is a really fast skier, but a little out of shape so he would zoom ahead of me and stop when his legs started to burn, then I would catch up to him and we would ski together for a minute then he would race off...you get the picture. It was so foggy you could barely see anything and about the second or third run I hear my dad ahead of me go UGH! and I came up to find him prostrate with one ski behind him and the other off to the side. I thought for sure he had broken something. Luckily, he hadn't, but he had landed on his shoulder and was sore for the rest of the day. The tip of one of his skis had sunk in the powder and he flipped head over feet. That is quite a feat for a nearly 58 year old man.

I was looking forward to coming back to some warmer weather, but we got back home and it has been so cold! It is nice to be home nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment