Thursday, January 21, 2010

Show Me Some Skin

Last night several hours after Phil and I went to sleep, I awoke to Phil making a noise that I can only describe as a giggle. He was grabbing my leg, as he said in a very playful tone, "what's this guy doing?" (All the while grinning from ear to ear and giggling). He then said, "Let's give him something to do!" and started grabbing my knee trying to tickle me. Then he wrapped his arms around me in a big bear hug and said quite loudly, "Show me some skin!"

I knew from prior experiences that Phil was sound asleep and would have no recollection of this in the morning. Once while staying at my Dad's in Utah, Phil had gone to bed a few hours before me. When I got into bed, Phil began to hurl expletives about who knows what. All I really remember is that he kept swearing and I was laughing my head off. I then said to him, "Phil I love you" to see what he would say and he sarcastically replied, "Whoopty freakin' doo!'

So last night, considering who I was dealing with I just told him to go to bed. He then got up, went to the bathroom, came back to bed and fell right back asleep.

This morning I recounted this story to him and just as I suspected, he didn't remember a thing.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh today... I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Phil's true colors! that's honestly hilarious that he doesn't remember anything! what fun your house is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Whoopty freakin do?! Who even says that anymore? That is too funny. Sleep talkers are awesome. I was woken up a few times by Herman demanding that I give her $5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hillarious! And I think it would have freaked me out. Once I woke up to Dustin scratching my shoulder really fast. It really bothered me.

    ReplyDelete