Yesterday I finished my very first "craft" project. I am NOT a creative, crafty, scrapbooky person. However, our bishops' wife showed me a frame that her daughter had given her. She had taken a bunch of family ancestor pictures and mod podged them onto a frame and put the Family: A Proclamation To The World in the middle. I loved it so much I was willing to give it a try. While I was in Utah I made copies of some of my mom's pictures (I wish I could have used all of them, but there were just too many.) I got back to Texas and found a frame that looked like it could work. When I put the pictures down the first time I realized that if I left all of the pictures in their original size I would only be able to fit a handful of them on. So I had reduced-size copies made of all of them. Then I had to cut them all out the same size. Which, don't look too closely because you will be able to tell that I didn't succeed entirely. But at this point I was beyond caring that it looked perfect. I learned a lot doing it, mostly what not to do. So I am going to make another one and give it to my mom. I must say, as much as it gave me anxiety, I had fun doing it. I never thought I would say this: but I can see how scrap booking could maybe be fun. Who knew? (probably a lot of you)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
A First Time For Everything
Yesterday I finished my very first "craft" project. I am NOT a creative, crafty, scrapbooky person. However, our bishops' wife showed me a frame that her daughter had given her. She had taken a bunch of family ancestor pictures and mod podged them onto a frame and put the Family: A Proclamation To The World in the middle. I loved it so much I was willing to give it a try. While I was in Utah I made copies of some of my mom's pictures (I wish I could have used all of them, but there were just too many.) I got back to Texas and found a frame that looked like it could work. When I put the pictures down the first time I realized that if I left all of the pictures in their original size I would only be able to fit a handful of them on. So I had reduced-size copies made of all of them. Then I had to cut them all out the same size. Which, don't look too closely because you will be able to tell that I didn't succeed entirely. But at this point I was beyond caring that it looked perfect. I learned a lot doing it, mostly what not to do. So I am going to make another one and give it to my mom. I must say, as much as it gave me anxiety, I had fun doing it. I never thought I would say this: but I can see how scrap booking could maybe be fun. Who knew? (probably a lot of you)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it. That is too cool-I am stealing it if that is okay. My grandma would love it!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are hilarious! That looks like a fabulous project. With mothers day just around the corner I might just have to steal that idea!
ReplyDeleteI am drawn to blog post that preface with the statement, "I am not a creative, crafty, scrapbooky person" because that means I may just be able to do it! This is an awesome idea. One year for Christmas my family did one of those shutterfly books with all of our ancestors as far back as we had photos for. It's still pretty cool to look at.
ReplyDeletePS...I don't know about Houston, but the Big D is having AMAZING weather. I totally have spring fever. I had no idea that Houston was only 4 hrs away. Ryan and I are thinking of taking a weekend trip down sometime. I'll let you know when we do.
OOh, good job! It looks great. I am also not so crafty, but if I can copy someone else's craftiness, then I can sometimes pull it off.
ReplyDelete