Monday, June 7, 2010
Feeling Better
Livi is finally feeling better! Last Saturday while my mom was here Livi developed a fever before she went to bed. She also had a horrible barking cough. She was definitely having some labored breathing as well so I decided to have her sleep with me. At about midnight I decided to call the Dr's office and talk to the 24 hr nurse. After describing all of Livi's symptoms she recommended that I take her to the ER in case she needed a breathing treatment. Livi was finally sleeping and seemed fairly comfortable so I was hesitant to wake her up. Luckily my mom was there and had dealt with Tommy my brother having some serious breathing issues due to his asthma, so she was a big help. Phil was in North Carolina so I was feeling pretty helpless. I decided to call the missionaries, who thankfully live in our apartment complex, and ask them to give her a blessing. They were so wonderful to come over at 12:30am and give her a really great blessing. After they left I was feeling good about my decision to not go to the ER. Livi slept through the night (though I didn't so much) and was so much better the next day. Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day) she still had that nasty cough and was acting lethargic so I took her to the Dr Tuesday. He said she probably had croup and since it's a virus there wasn't anything to do, but he gave me a decongestant because she had quite a bit of drainage. Wednesday she was acting a lot better and then and Thursday she started acting really lethargic again and refusing to eat. Friday she got a fever again was throwing up, and had diarrhea. I decided to take her back to the Dr. because I was worried about her getting dehydrated, she hadn't eaten anything for two days and I could barely get her to drink. The Dr said that he normally would just let it run its course but since it was on the tail of another sickness and she was refusing to drink, he gave her an anti-nausea. He said it works like marijuana in that it gives you the munchies and suppresses the desire to vomit. Interesting. It worked quite well and Livi started eating a little more, but more importantly drinking. And today, finally, she woke up her normal energetic self and ate breakfast! It was so hard to see her so miserable. She would just lay on the floor or couch all day and want me to tickle her back and play with her hair. It was nice that she wanted to be so close all of the time, but it was so hard to see her like that. Thank goodness for blessings and medicine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sorry she was sick-along with Grace. Maybe they shared germs from miles and miles away....Glad she is better!
ReplyDelete