My mom came to visit last week while Phil was in North Carolina for a bachelor party. It was so much fun eating, shopping and talking.
We ate fried oreos, fried twinkies, huge baked potatoes with brisket from Rudy's (one of the best BBQ places ever), we went to Old Town Spring and looked at some antiques and sampled delicious jams, honeys, and salsas at the Amish Store. I bought a Cuban cheese ball mix and it was DIVINE. I normally don't like cheese balls but I ate more than half of this one by myself. We went to the Good Will and found some sweet finds. We were especially excited to go and pick blueberries on a 20 acre blueberry farm about 20 minutes away. We got there around 10am on opening day and there were hundreds of people with buckets of blueberries (only $1.50 a pound!!!) most had been there since 7am. We started scavenging for berries but everyone we tried was sour. We found a guy who looked like he knew what he was doing and he told us that the blueberries weren't quite ripe, that they needed another week. All the people that had been there since 7 had found most of the edible ones. So we decided to leave empty handed. It wasn't worth climbing through the bushes for a few blueberries, Livi wanted to be held and we were all sweating like crazy from the insane heat. I am definitely going back in a few weeks though. I just keep thinking about fresh blueberry pancakes and muffins and I can't wait. We also went swimming at our pool and went up to Bentwater and hung out with Cecilia and swam there. Whenever my mom called my step dad he would mention how cold and windy it was, meanwhile we are pool side sweating our brains out. A few times she said she felt guilty, but I think she got over it.
My mom's favorite little antique store, we come here every time she visits.
eating the powdered sugar off of the oreos
Livi being brave and attempting to get her hair wet.
fried oreos
fried twinkies, my mouth is watering
mmmm, the powdered sugar gets everywhere
Livi was bound and determined to get a kiss out of James
Last night some girls from church had a little going away get together for Cecilia. We went and had gelatto at this yummy place. She is moving to Utah in a few weeks and I can't even think about it or I get emotional.
looks like you had a great time. I love your mom. PS you look awesome!!
ReplyDelete