Monday, May 7, 2012

The Big 3-0!

My 30th birthday was last Tuesday. I can't believe how old I used to think 30 was and how, in many ways, I still feel the same as I did when I turned 20!  It was a fabulous day filled with many wonderful surprises.  The first surprise came when I woke up and Phil told me he had taken the day off of work and was taking me shopping!  We went to the Houston Premium Outlets and he watched the kids and played with them for a whole 3 hours while I shopped till I dropped.  I know how exhausting that is. He then surprised me with dinner  and cake and ice cream with several friends at our friend's house.  I couldn't believe he had talked to my friends and worked it all out without me knowing! I definitely underestimated his sneakiness.
The night before my birthday I asked him what we were doing and he totally played it cool, telling me he had a meeting until 4 and then he would come home and do whatever I wanted.  So I was basically preparing myself for a let down.  I'm happy to say it was anything but a let down.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I still feel like you are 20, too. :)

    ReplyDelete