Phil completed his second triathlon this Saturday! We drove up to The Woodlands at 5:30 in the morning, dropped Phil off to check in his bike, then the kids and I went and picked up some donuts and chocolate milk. We met back up with Phil at the park just before his heat got in the water. Walking around watching all of the people get ready, I got the exact same feeling I would get before a track meet. The butterflies in your stomach, hoping that it would just hurry and start so you could stop thinking about it already! This was the triathlon that I had signed up for but withdrew when I found out I was pregnant. When Phil went and picked up his packet he said mine was still there. I guess I could have still done it, but since they had already reimbursed me I didn't want to push it. Plus I really didn't want to do it. But I will do one someday!!
Phil did such an amazing job. It was so hot and felt like the humidity was beyond 100%. I don't know how he didn't pass out. He completed the race in 1 hour 32 minutes, finishing 12th out of 60 plus people. Before the race people were going around handing out little cow bells. Livi and Jack had a blast ringing those things. After the race Phil went straight down to the tent for a free massage. Then he and his friend Doug headed over to the tent with food and loaded up on breakfast burritos, muffins and fruit. They had a live band playing and it was a really cool atmosphere. I couldn't believe how many of the athletes were drinking hot coffee afterwards. I was sweating just watching them.
I don't know what it is about these things, but every time I watch him compete my love for Phil grows exponentially. I'm just so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment