Livi has turned into quite the little lady with quite the vocabulary and I want to write down some of the funny things she has said and does the last few weeks.
In order to teach Livi to look both ways when she crosses the street, Phil always tells her, "if you don't look both ways you might get hit by a car. If you get hit by a car you will have to go to the hospital for a long time, or you could get really hurt and you would have to go and live with Jesus in heaven." Too much? Maybe. It does the trick, but I'm thinking it's sending the wrong message... The other day while I was making dinner Livi was playing by me and singing to herself. She started singing, "Nobody likes Jesus." Suppressing my laughter, I asked her why she said that. She got a really sad/upset face and said, "because I don't want to go and live with him, I want to stay here with you and daddy!"
We were checking out at the grocery store, after the cashier handed me the receipt Livi in the sweetest, most polite voice asked the cashier, "May I have a pair of stickers, please?"
Driving home from the park, after we had ridden some paddle boats and Livi's skirt was a little wet, Phil asked Livi if she would rather go home and change her skirt or go to Costco and get an ice cream cone. She thought for a second and then said, "I would prefer to go home and change and then go to Costco and get ice cream."
We are big proponents of "Parenting With Love and Logic." Giving your child choices and letting them decide. Livi has quickly picked up on this and tried to negotiate with us. Sometimes after I give her her choices, she'll shake her head and say, "here's my deal.." and proceed to give me what she thinks are the better options.
She loves letters and the alphabet and is constantly writing her name and asking me how to spell things, or what words begin with some letter. She will write out a bunch of random letters and ask me what they say.
She is SO excited for her birthday in a few weeks. Every day she asks for something new and says, "can I get that for my birthday!!" Today alone, she asked for hair clips, hair bands, bracelets, nail polish, a bean bag, and a tractor (a real one). I just keep saying, "we'll see!"
She is SO helpful with Jack and is so good with him. I love watching them play together. They run around and chase each other, laughing hysterically. She helps him do puzzles and she helps him hammer his shapes into their holes, and cheers him on when he does it. She is still obsessed with his hair, and it never fails that she has to rub his head before every nap and before he goes to bed.
Livi is such a joy to be around, you can't help but smile when you're with her!

No comments:
Post a Comment