Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday in Orlando with Phil's parents and brother. It was so nice to see them after so long. Livi warmed up to them immediately, it probably didn't hurt that they showered her with gifts. They babysat for us so we were able to play tennis and go and see a movie in an actual theater. Which I have to mention. We saw New Moon and it was the most horrible, stupid, lame, painful movie I've ever seen. That is the only movie I have seen in recent history that I absolutely couldn't wait to be over. We wanted to see The Blind Side but we had missed it and New Moon was the only thing playing. If you haven't seen it, don't waste your money. I feel better having got that off my chest.

Anyway, we went to the Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving day and it was packed. We still had a great time though. Livi didn't get much out of the characters, but she was mesmerized by the parade and she loved riding on the carousal.
There was a pond right outside the condo. Livi loved to go out and throw bread to the birds.



One night we went to Downtown Disney and walked around.

She loved all of the little statues.
The dragon made of lego.
Phil had been growing a beard for the past week or so and decided to shave while we were there. He decided to leave a sweet 'stache for a few hours and this is what we were left with. And we had to get a picture in front of this sweet picture.
Riding the ferry over. We all look exhausted because we are. Phil, Livi and I all got sick, plus Livi ended up sleeping in the bed with us for a few nights. She loves to sleep horizontally so that makes for a lot of kicks in the face.
Main Street USA. My mom's favorite place. She says her dream job would be to work here handing out candy to people.
Livi just woke up from nap #1 and was enjoying her puffed bananas.

When the parade started I really realized how people can keep coming back. That was one of my favorite parts. The parade at night was really cool also, but that was harder to enjoy because Livi started sobbing out of sheer exhaustion in the middle of it.



The castle was so gorgeous. It would change color from pinkish purple to blue.

Livi was all about kisses that day. I wish I had kept a tally of how many times she grabbed my face and just started kissing me. So adorable.
It started to get pretty chilly when the sun went down so we tried to do as many things inside as we could. One of them was an adorable 3D movie.

Going on Snow White's ride, which you can tell from Livi's expression in the picture above what she thought of it.
Despite her expression in this picture, the carousal was definitely her favorite part.
You can kind of get a sense of how many people were there in this picture. This was the end of the night and Livi was d-o-n-e. I felt SO bad for her. Too many late nights and not long enough naps that day. The next day was even worse. We woke up a little after 4am to go and catch our flight. Livi had a melt down mid flight and screamed bloody murder for about 15 minutes. I'm sure everyone thought we were horrible parents for not controlling her. But she was just so tired she couldn't fall asleep. She did eventually and then we landed and she woke up. We had a 4 hour lay over in Atlanta so my brother Nate swung by and we got something to eat and chatted for a little while. Then we walked Livi around the airport in her stroller for an hour so she could get a decent nap. The next flight was much better and now we are home. Vacations are wonderful, but sometimes it's just so nice to be home. You know?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. I totally understand about being home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! How fun. I love the lights on the castle! sorry about the meltdown on the flight. I hate those days. thank heavens for their own beds (mine included!)

    ReplyDelete