Thursday, November 12, 2009

Words

She loves to stare and point at the pictures of Phil and me in the hallway.

A few days ago I was getting Livi ready for bed. Phil was in the bedroom studying so Livi and I went back there to say prayers and so she could give her dad a big hug and kiss before bed. Phil, taking full advantage of the opportunity to stop studying for a minute, put her on his lap and went to Sesame Street's website and let her play some games where she just clicked the keyboard and Elmo would do something. Then he took her to ESPN's website to read about the Celtics. She immediately saw a basketball and flipped out; she loves those things because she has a book where Grover and Big Bird play basketball. Every time she sees either a bball or a bball hoop she goes bananas. Phil saw how excited she got and asked her, "what's that?" And she said "basketball"!!! Not that clearly obviously but Phil and I immediately looked at each other and were like, "did we just hear her say that?" It was amazing. THEN, to top that off a few minutes later Phil had put her on the ground to pray and she pointed to the computer and said, "puter". It was adorable and Phil and I were once again blown away. I can't believe how big my baby is getting. I was looking at pictures from when she was in my belly, and then first born and now the present and I can't believe how much she has changed in such a short amount of time. She is truly the biggest blessing and I can't imagine my life without her. She brings SO much joy into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment