So I decided to cut Livi's bangs because they were constantly in her eyes. I was always trying to hold her bangs back with barretts or clips, but they usually lasted no more than 10 minutes before she ripped them out and her hair was back in her eyes. So Wednesday morning she was sitting in her high chair eating breakfast, her bangs were all over the place and she kept trying to push them out of the way so I finally said, "I'm just going to have to do this." I have an EXTREME aversion to cutting hair, because basically I suck at it. I do cut Phil's hair. However, the first handful of times I cut it, I was literally crying at the same time, swearing to him that I would never do it again. He is rarely happy with the way people cut his hair, so he endured my tears (and few crooked hair cuts) in order to train me to be the master stylist I am now. But it is one thing cutting with clippers, it's an entirely new ball game working with scissors. Back to the point at hand, I decided to cut Livi's bangs, so I grabbed the scissors, scooped up all her bangs in my fingers and just cut as straight across as I could. She was trying to grab the scissors so needless to say they are a little shorter and a little more uneven than I would have liked. But I knew if I kept trying to make it all even that they would get progressively shorter until they were all gone. At least they're not in her eyes anymore, right?
Before
After
I think she looks cute! Good Job Mom!
ReplyDeleteTessa! I can't believe I just found you! I think I knew you had a baby, but now she is not a baby anymore. She is beautiful! It looks like you are doing good. I just got caught up a little on your life. Now that I know you exist I will check up on you more often.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carolyn