Yesterday I went to the gym and the class that I normally go to was beyond full so I decided to do the spinning class. I had done this class once before and vowed never to return. It's just not fun for me. Granted, it's an excellent workout but I need to be entertained while I workout or I have no motivation to return. Although this class was a little better than last time I still don't understand people's love of cycling. BUT, and this is a big but, even though I don't find spinning as entertaining as other classes, it is a GREAT workout. I am not a sweater. Never have been. However, as you can see in the pictures, I sweat like there was no tomorrow. And my face was as red as a tomato. I'm sure walking out of the gym I had several stares but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I looked like a man child. I walked in the door and Phil was shocked. Although I looked like a piece of work I felt great and I slept like a baby :-)
I just have to say how sweet Phil has been about this working out thing. I used to go in the morning and just drop Livi off in the day care. But she kept getting sick, not to mention she bawled everytime I left. So I was debating whether or not to keep going to the gym. Phil always goes and workouts after work, from 5:30 to 6:30. So he had the bright idea of me meeting him at the gym at 6:30, I hand him Livi, he takes her home and feeds her dinner, and then I can workout from 6:30 to 7:30. I get home and give her a bath and put her to bed and everyone's happy! Granted we've only been doing it for a week, but so far it's been wonderful.
I totally agree about the spinning class. I get bored and I hate them. Good workout or not! That is awesome and you look great by the way!
ReplyDelete