
I have always wanted to own a pair of boots but have never felt justified in spending the money that a nice pair requires. Those of you from my middle school days may recall how I would wear rubber sprinkler boots with skirts and all the boys (and I'm sure many a girl) that I was off my rocker. I feel slightly vindicated having seen other people wear rubber boots as of late. Granted they aren't nearly as clunky as mine were. But still.
Phil knows of this dream of mine. Saturday morning I was playing with Livi in the living room and he was of course studying, when he asked me if I would like to go and buy a pair of boots today. What? Excuse me? Of course! So he offered to take me once he finished with his homework. A few hours later we made our way to DSW where I saw many darling boots that I would have loved to own, but I quickly discovered that very few boots fit me correctly. I have two problems: First, according to all of the boots, I have skinny calves. They are not especially skinny, in fact I would call them normal. But my calves were swimming in every pair I tried on and I looked ridiculous. Second, I have really high arches, especially on my left foot. So every pair I tried on pressed down on the top of my foot and was very claustrophobic and uncomfortable. So we left DSW and went to the mall. We hit up several stores and I was beginning to think that maybe I just wasn't meant to own a pair of boots. Our last stop was Macy's and then I was going to give up my search (at least for a little while.) Lucky for me I spotted just what I had been looking for. Now if they would only fit my apparently oddly shaped body! I put them on and it felt like sticking my feet in butter. They were so comfortable! They fit my calves AND they didn't rub the top of my foot! I don't know how this was even possible but I will be forever grateful to the designers of this shoe.
I loved the boots in brown but against my better judgement I bought them in black thinking I would be able to wear them with more things. When I got home I put them on and was a little disappointed. I felt like a biker chick instead of a stylish one. So I decided to take them back Monday morning and get the brown ones. I went to Macy's and tried the brown ones on again and walked around the store just to make sure they continued to be comfortable. I walked past a mirror and wondered if I had the style to pull them off. So I decided to get neither color and if I couldn't stop thinking about them then I would return and purchase the brown ones because that would mean true love. As I was walking out a girl was trying on the same boots so I went up to her and asked if I could see what they looked like on someone else. She said that she had actually seen me walking around in them and decided to try them on because she liked them so much. After seeing her in them knew I was going to buy them. So today that is just what I did.
How fun! I love them and wear them all the time. They are my once a year purchase, that I plan on, and then wear all winter. (all winter-almost everyday because I love them so much) Love it!
ReplyDeleteDang girl! If only I had your shopping self discipline, my husband would be so very grateful. How funny. I'm glad you went for the boots. Those long sexy legs need nothing more than a great pair of boots to adorn them. :)
ReplyDeletehaha. I love you!! I do remember the sprinkler boots. You were stylish beyond measure back then! I'm so excited for you. I've been looking for my "special" pair of brown boots too. such a battle. Glad to see they were worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteYou have always looked good in whatever you wear. I bet you looking smashing in your new brown boots. I can't wait to see the pictures...
ReplyDelete