I wouldn't say that Phil and I ever ate horribly, but P90X came with a pretty specific diet, so we are giving it the old college try for 90 days. I'm pretty excited about it actually. I haven't worked out in a few months. Phil did the first video tonight while I watched and made dinner. It is intense, I don't know of a better word to describe it. I'm excited to try it tomorrow. And I'm really looking forward to eating healthier. I even attempted to have a bowl of oatmeal with protein powder and milk for breakfast, per the suggestion in the book. However, that was asking a little too much and I ended up throwing half of it away and eating rice crispies instead. I like oatmeal just fine, but not mixed with chocolate protein powder.
For those that may be familiar with P90X, we are skipping Phase 1 of the diet. We decided that 7 servings of protein and only one of fruit and carbs wasn't for us. Has anyone done that phase?
I am not doing this to lose weight. I have no desire to lose anymore of my non-existent rear end. I just want to eat better and get into shape. I consume way too much sugar and I know I will feel even better by getting a more balanced diet and getting in a little sweat time.
So here goes.....
gosh! good luck to you. that work out awesome! good luck!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband has done the P90X thing off and on-seriously it kicks your butt! I try occasionally but obviously not for the last 9 months. We are trying to eat healthier too-I'm gonna try the mango salsa the next time we have tilapia-we actually eat fish alot..i could never give up my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies though! Fun to see your family!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely let us know when you guys are going to be in Austin. You guys could come over for dinner or even stay the night. It will be here before we know it......and our girls could play together ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat is P90X? Is it a whole work out system or something? I feel the same about weight loss, but I do love to feel healthy when I'm exercising regularly. It's kind of addicting to feel healthy.
ReplyDelete