Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Papa Layne

twinners
just chilaxing and getting tickled
Rudy's, Livi has some classic expressions

My Dad was here over the weekend for a quick visit.  He was in Lafayette La on business and decided to make the 4 hour drive over here.  He was here for about 24 hours.  I feel bad that he had to drive so much, but I'm really glad he came.  Even though we live so far away, I have been lucky to see my family about every two months this year.  It's really been because of both of my brother's weddings, Maddie's homecoming, then we're going again in August for Michael's homecoming, and both of my parents have made visits.  This is my Dad's third time here in the past year and a half. Luckily, his work takes him to La several times a year and he just swings by here.  We didn't do too much while he was here. We went to Rudy's, a yummy BBQ place, and other than that we just stayed home and relaxed.  Phil brought out an extra Exxon shirt and asked my Dad if he was conservative enough to wear an oil companies shirt, to which my Dad replied, "heck yes!"  I love when my Dad visits, it never fails that the conversation turns to politics.  And he is passionate about his politics. It took Livi a little while to warm up to him and then they were good friends.  She would slowly inch her way closer to him when he wasn't paying attention.  Then she would grab his beard, and eventually she would let him hold her and tickle her.  Hopefully she'll remember him when she sees him again in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Family means so much. I am glad you get to see them often!
    When are you coming in August?
    Oh and Erin will be 6 months on the 15th. I have enjoyed her so much. She is a sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete