Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Deal

Phil and I have discovered an amazing deal that is worth sharing. My brother is getting home from his mission in August and Phil and I bought our plane tickets on Saturday. Each ticket, round trip, non-stop, on Delta was a grand total of $47!!! How is this possible? We signed up for an American Express Delta Skymiles credit card. When you get the card you only have to use it once, they then credit you with 15,000 miles (which equates to $150 off a plane ticket), then a few weeks later (we got ours in about 5 weeks) they give you an additional 10,000 ($100 off). Even if you haven't used the card again. So Phil and I each had 25,000 miles (because we each got a card) and tickets were $297-$250=$47! PLUS (I feel like an infomercial) since we used our miles before August, they are going to credit each of our cards with an additional 25,000 miles! There is an annual fee of $95, but it is waived for the first year. So you can cancel it as soon as you have used your miles and never have to pay it. It's a pretty sweet deal and worth checking out. Here is a link if you are interested. Happy Flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment